Yes the rumours are true! The Flaneur is heading into the exciting realm of ebook publishing. We are looking for short stories under the theme Urban Shorts. This can be interpreted in any way that you wish. The deadline is the end of May. We are looking for stories of all lengths up to around 6000 words, although this is negotiable if a longer story fits the call.
The best stories will be published in an ebook and possibly a paper book as well.
- Submissions are managed by Submittable – you can enter your story here.
- Around ten to fifteen stories will be published in the final ebook.
- We have decided to have a small entry fee to place a limit on entries. You can enter multiple times, but each entry will have to be accompanied by the $10 entry fee. Yes, we’re based in the UK but the fee is in dollars. It’s just the way of the net.
- Prizes – you want more than publication by Flaneur and general shouting from the roof-tops about your brilliance? You want more than being recommended to all our social media followers? As we don’t know how this endeavour will go we’re not offering millions, but the best story, as chosen by The Flaneur (all decisions are final, etc, etc) will be awarded a cash prize, paid via Paypal of 50% of all entry fees. That could be a lot or might be a little, we’ve got absolutely no idea.
- Entry method is via plain text. You can just paste your story into a text box on the entry form.
- Any questions email email@example.com
This is the start of a new publishing endeavour and as such we’re as much in the dark about the project as you. How many entries will we get? how many stories will make it into the final ebook? what format ebook will it be made into?
We’ll all have to wait and see!