We are starting The Flaneur podcast and are looking for contributions to add to it. Each episode will be a based around music from unsigned bands, along with a collection of submitted recordings of poems, flash fiction, jokes, art, film and other cultural reviews, thoughts, music and travellers’ tales. If you want to record something we haven’t mentioned send it over and we’ll check it out.
1. Please send all submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org with PODCAST in the title. Please include a paragraph about yourself or your band.
– Readings of your own poetry or flash fiction are very welcome. Indie authors – record a 3-4 minutes excerpt from your book.
– Monologues about your art/creative processes
– Reviews of your favourite cities, travels, wines, recipes etc
– New music
– sound art
– Anything else creative that you think fits the Flaneur vibe
2. By sending your work in you allow us to use it and agree that it is not libellous and does not break any copyright laws. Remember, for copyright reasons do not use any music that you did not write and perform yourself.
3. There is no set length for contributions to be. We reckon anything up to 3 minutes will be ideal, but they can be shorter or longer than that.
4. We may edit contributions.
5. This is more about content than perfect recording quality. Use whatever microphone you have and good luck!
6. Unsigned bands are welcome to send in MP3s for the podcast. Please include a paragraph about the band, influences, members, etc.
7. The Flaneur cannot pay for any submissions.
The podcast will be announced on Twitter when it is released, so please follow @flaneurzine
ps – We’re looking for jingles to play in the show, so if you can make a short jingle about art, film, music or Flaneur, then please send it in! By sending it you give us the right to use it.