Returning for its ninth year Homotopia rampages across Liverpool this autumn presenting visual arts, performance, film and debate that reflects the non-heterosexual experience.
The festival theme this year is ‘Traditional Family Values’ and encompasses over 35 events including new commissions and world premieres that celebrate, interrogate and explore ‘the family’ in all its queer diversity.
Continuing and developing partnerships with cultural organisations across the city Homotopia is insinuating the queer aesthetic into venues including the Walker Art Gallery, Open Eye, FACT and the Liverpool Biennial.
- the world premiere of ‘Epstein’ a multi media play about the man that made the Beatles in the 50th anniversary year of their meeting,
- the first solo show outside London of work by 2009 Turner Prize nominee Enrico David
- UK premiere of Habibi Problem by Austrian dance company cieLaroque
- the recreation of a council house as live art set inside Camp and Furnace
- UK premieres of 2 new films by New York director Matt Wolf
- drag fabulist Dickie Beau presents an exploration of the pain and madness of stardom using rare ‘found’ audio of Marilyn Monroe
- Acoustic performance by Patrick Wolf as part of his world tour